Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Driveway

This is a view from the top of the driveway. This is where I expanded it to add enough room for the second car to get in and out comfortably.



This is a picture when the old driveway was taken out. I expanded it from 8 foot wide to 10 foot wide. What a difference.








This was after the concrete truck came over to pour the floor in the garage







When I planned this project I didn't think that my driveway would get destroyed in the process. It was built in 1952 with the house. It didn't have any stone under it and was in some places 3 inches think. The final blow came when the concrete truck came in to pour the floor and the entire thing cracked and shifted out of place. I never seen that before. The workers were even shocked. The new driveway is 1,588 square feet. I adding in new drains and making it 6 inches thick. It will be highway grade. I will be long gone before anyone would have to replace it down the road. The process has been slow. My concrete contractor was referred to me by my uncle and the guy was three days late and now over a week later he hasn't finished. Hopefully he will have it poured before the end of this week.






No comments: