Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Roof Profile Takes Shape

This is a view from my deck. It looks like it starting to come together. Now I just have to get the shingles delived tomorrow and I could get that off the check list.



The original plans called for a 2 foot overhang. I decided to cut it down to 1 foot because I want to copy the overhang design on my house when i'm ready to do that part of my project. If I put 2 foot overhangs on the house it would not look that good. I consulted two designers, my builder, my mother, two friends, and a neighbor. They all said the 1 foot design was the way to go.


Even though I went with a 1 foot overhang I like the extra long rafter tail in the front & back. I may cut a design into them but I'm debating which design to use. I have 9 of them to pick from.

No comments: